Sunday, June 14, 2009

Posted by Jason

Travelocity: How Gay

I was just perusing the interweb and decided to go to Travelocity to see if any cheap summer vacation deals were on there. We're looking to go somewhere sunny, and I've had good luck in the past getting deals on that site. Imagine my surprise (shock? bewilderment? confusion?) when I saw the following screen:

(Click to enlarge)


Top four desination themes: Mountain, Romance, All Inclusive, and...Gay Travel? "Gay Travel" is a top four destination theme?!? Couldn't that technically be lumped under "Romance" or are gay people not romantic? I think the LGBT community should complain about this here - either Travelocity is claiming gay couples can't be romantic, or maybe they're singling out only single gay people (pun most definitely intended), or they are just simply patronizing you. You think they would put "Hetero Travel" on there?

It's like they're saying, "Go to the mountains and enjoy the view while hiking on trails, or go on a romantic getaway and get closer to that special someone, or, apparently if you're gay, go somewhere and, uhh, just be gay?" Yep, if you're gay you can't go to the mountains or anywhere else. They've got a special category just for you.

I just don't get it. How about, oh I don't know, "Fishing", "Hiking", "Sailing", etc. Those are pretty basic 'themed' vacations.

Oh, one more thing... (which happens to be what I was looking for...)

HOW ABOUT THE FRICKING BEACH?!? IT'S THE FRICKING SUMMER!!! PEOPLE GO TO THE FRICKING BEACH IN THE FRICKING SUMMER!!!

Maybe it's just me?

1 comments:

Troy Beacleay June 15, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

are you sure "peruse" is what you meant to say?

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP